Re: Winding tight radius copper cooling coil

  • Matthew O'Brien
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2002
      Hi Alex,

      I've got to ask why do you want a triple coil? And do you realise that by
      doing that for the whole coil you will decrease the efficiency as you will
      not have counter current exchange occurring with the warm vapour/cold water
      going in opposite directions?

      Myself, I have a very large condenser coil, and also an smaller internal
      coil for just the top 100mm. In hindsight, even this is too much - only the
      bottom 100mm or so of my large coil gets used, and only the bottom coil of
      the inner coil gets used... and that's using QLD water which was 27 degrees
      C last run! You don't need the big monster you describe.

      But, as Tony said - if you are doing it for fun, don't let us stop you!

      You can see the photos of my big monster on Tony's site:
      http://homedistiller.org/photos-ns.htm

      Scroll down to MATTS STILL, and then to the condenser section...

      Matt