Want to build a still maker still

  • Louie Belle
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2001
      Dear Distillers, I am new to this group and I am new
      to this hobby, I am interested in building a still
      maker still using a 15L stock pot as the boiler, would
      I therefore have to reduce the size of the colum and
      condenser??? and if so by how much???

      any help I could get on this subject would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Thanx

      Louie

      http://entertainment.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Entertainment
      - Feeling a little bored? Need some entertainment?
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2001
        Louie,

        The column size and condenser depend on the amount of heat you are putting
        into the still, NOT the size of the pot holding the wash.

        You will be fine using a smaller pot if you keep everything else constant.
        You will only need to resize them if you use a smaller heating element.

        Tony