Re: stone/nixon v. stillmaker

  • martin@mhanover.freeserve.co.uk
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 5, 2001
      --- In new_distillers@y..., "Rob van Leuven" <r.vanleuven@c...> wrote:

> [...]
      (although
      > you can get close if you have good heat control) On the N/S design,
      the
      > default is full reflux (needle valve closed) and you can stabilise
      the
      > column for as long as you like before drawing off distillate.
      >
      > I don't think the two pass through tubes have enough cooling
      potential
      > and the one at the foot of the column is erroneous. It just
      condenses vapour
      > straight back into the pot without contributing to the reflux
      process.

      > I wouldn't despair though: you will definitely make alcohol
      with your
      > stillmaker still and if you have good heat/water control it will be
      quite
      > good. Its just that the N/S design is a joy to use.
      >
      > ps I converted my stillmaker to the NIxon Stone design without
      too much
      > difficulty.
      >

      > Hi guys,
      > attached is a photograph of a n/s still I built last year; at the
      moment
      > I'm building an improved version which I can't show you yet.
      Believe it, if
      > you want clean spirit, n/s is the way to go!!!
      > Rob

      Hi Rob.
      Thanks for the effort but i can't seem to find the attached
      photograph!.
      Please can you send it again
      Many thanks
      Martin...
    • Rob van Leuven
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 13, 2001
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 14, 2001
          --- In new_distillers@y..., martin@m... wrote:
          > --- In new_distillers@y..., "Rob van Leuven" <r.vanleuven@c...>

          Hi! It's Bruce here. Iam a new distiller, and have heard so much
          about the Nixon stone condenser. Can anyone tell me where to get
          drgs. or some info as to how to make one, I would appreciate it.

          Regards,

          Bruce
        • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 16, 2001
            Bruce,

            > Hi! It's Bruce here. Iam a new distiller, and have heard so much
            > about the Nixon stone condenser. Can anyone tell me where to get
            > drgs. or some info as to how to make one, I would appreciate it.

            See some photos of it at
            http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller/others.htm

            Tony