Still cooker size verses batch size

  • stevelo1k
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2014

      I'll have never used a still but am hoping to and I had a question hopefully you can help.  I was looking at a 26 gallon still I really liked, however there is no way I would want to do 26 gallons of mash.  What I want to know is it possible to use this larger still to do say a 5 gallon mash?  Hope you understand my question and thank you.

    • Douglas French
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2014
        Get the size still for the size mash you want to do. 5 gallons in a 26 gallon still will just burn in the bottom of a big pot. not a good combo.

        Douglas French
        Caballeros, Inc./ Scorpion Mezcal sa de cv
        Oaxaca, Mexico
        Tel: 52-951-516-0654
        Destileria: 951-511-5701
        Cel: 951 508 1030
        www.scorpionmezcal.com
        www.oaxacanstuff.com
        Enviar factura o comprobante de pago a: scorpionfactura@...

        I'll have never used a still but am hoping to and I had a question hopefully you can help.  I was looking at a 26 gallon still I really liked, however there is no way I would want to do 26 gallons of mash.  What I want to know is it possible to use this larger still to do say a 5 gallon mash?  Hope you understand my question and thank you.

      • Steve