Cleaning Up

  • Grump
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2014
      Am new to this & so far have only done 2 runs on my Turbo 500 reflux. After each run I flushed the column with hot water.
      Is this sufficient?
      Does the ceramic packing or do the copper saddles require regular replacement?
      TIA.
      G.

      ---
    • Grump

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2014
          I have no idea when it comes to refluxes because I like pots, but I clean my copper parts with citric acid, others use vinegar, and some never clean their parts ever after use.  My stainless steel parts are cleaned with dish soap, water, and a plastic scrubbing pad.

          Robert

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 16, 2014
            Thanks Robert, will keep that in mind.
            My appologies for the repeated posts as I had kept sending one every 3 or 4 days ever since the 5th while hoping one would eventually get through to the group. Today they finally arrived in a flock.
            G.

            From: RLB