Mash for Butterscotch Schnapps & Cream

  • maddiesmom69
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2013
      I am wanting to make Butterscotch Schnapps & Butterscotch Cream.  I have the essence and base etc. but I am unsure of which kind of mash to use.  Should I just use a corn and sugar mash for vodka or try sugar, brown sugar and molasses for rum?

      Thank you!
      Michelle :)
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2013
        Hi Michelle,
        For both Butterscotches I would use 8 kg of sugar and 48 hr turbo yeast.  Make sure you polish it well for a great result. This is the quickest and easiest way I know of.
        Good Luck,
        Jan.

        On 30/12/2013 6:51 AM, maddiesmom69@... wrote:

        I am wanting to make Butterscotch Schnapps & Butterscotch Cream.  I have the essence and base etc. but I am unsure of which kind of mash to use.  Should I just use a corn and sugar mash for vodka or try sugar, brown sugar and molasses for rum?

        Thank you!
        Michelle :)

      • Jim Graves