Legilative Contact Tracking Report for Legalization Update

  • Alli Bugger
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2013
    Hello All,
    It has been kind of quiet for us since the circus has been in town, but hopefully our loyal representatives can think about working for us instead of fighting each other for a while.
    I have attached an updated copy of the Tracking Report for Legalization.

    I have already heard from folks who are following up with their legislators.  It is time to turn up the heat and call those we have already contacted or send our proposal to those we have not. The DC distraction came at a bad time for us, but what the hell, maybe our representative would like something constructive to deal with such as passing a bill with the potential to create jobs and start small businesses.  Go get'em.  They work for us!

    Have a good week.  Alli

  • Alli Bugger
    Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2013
      Hi Derek,
      Thanks for your comments. If you have not seen our legislative proposal, I'll be happy to send it to you.  I think we shoot down the bad booze myth in the proposal. Our hope is to explain to congress that since they are not collecting tax on home distilled booze now and they won't collect tax on it when legalized, they will collect tax on new distilleries that are opened and jobs are created as a result.  As far as the big distillery lobby is concerned, I have been told by folks closer to that group than I that they will not appose our efforts to any great degree.

      The current laws here in the US go back to the 1920's when prohibition ruled.  After it was repealed, the laws did not change for the hobbyest.  If you know anyone here in the US that would like to help our cause, I'll be happy to send them a copy of our proposal so they can send to their representatives.

      Alli

      Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2013
        You should also stress that it is nearly impossible to gain training and experience legally in spirit without hobby distillation.  Hobby distilling is the only way for us to gain experience with out spending $100,000 just to experiment with our formulas.

        Message 4 of 4 , Oct 22, 2013
          You are correct.  I didn't want to go into any more detail with this fellow since he lives in Canada, but I could have included your point for the benefit of Americans who follow this forum.  Thanks.