WTB Parrot/proofer

  • worm785
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2013
      Hi guys, I am unfortunately not in the states where my tools and copper is readily accessible.  Does anyone know where I can get a proofer/parrot for relatively cheap?  Or do any of you make and sell them?  Thanks.
    • wzuccarello
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2013
        If I were in your shoes, I would try to make one from something at hand. Maybe take a turkey baster, cut the bulb top half off, and pull the bottom half down some to make a collection pool in the bulb bottom. Adds a tight fitting outlet straw here.

        Take a piece of tight fitting vyinl or other tubing and attach to the bottom of the baster stem and gooseneck it up to a little higher than the lower bulb half's rim. Attach a suitable funnel device to recieve the still's outputut. Plastic bottle or food container  might fair better than the rubber though for the overflow resivoir.
         Hafta use some imagination to come up with a support for it.