Strip run puke

  • johnsmith24668
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2013
      I'm running a strip of Pugirum and it puked on me. First time in 6 strips. I'm guessing it may not have fermented out completely (8 gal pot, 1500w element, no heat control aside from the dial on it, which seems to turn it all the way off, so I presume it's cranked all the time it's on).

      In the collection vessel, there are bits of cloudy white things floating around. I can't scoop them out since they dissipate right away. I'm guessing this is something like congealed protein?

      Also... opinions on whether I should add this to the other strips for my spirit run, run it again to clean it and then use it, or just add it in to the feints container?
    • Zapata Vive
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2013
        Never had a rum puke, but have had whiskey puke.  I say don't worry and just add it to your spirit run, thats what I did with a bit of whiskey puke.

        think about it like this, lots of people add fresh wash and/or dunder to their spirit runs in addition to low wines.  What could possibly be in puke that isn't also in wash much less dunder?