Re: [new_distillers] 1st Timer at distilling

  • leeham collins
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2001
      Jack do u have cooling pipes going through the tower
      to adjust the heat of the tower vapour and to
      reflux the vapour?

      check out tonys web sight for picks and links
      he posts here often

      sounds like you are on the right track but maybe temp
      was to high first run
      running at above 90 deg u are just using a pot still type still i reckon

      i built my own reflux design copying from a few different stills
      and get 93% but the temp in the top of the tower never goes
      over 79 deg if i control the water carefully
      and when it does (tails) i turn it off and chuck it out
      out of 30 liters (to runs in my 17 liter pot) i get 9 750mls @ 40%
      after watering down for 16 aus dollars (then have to filter and flavour and
      store)
      it takes me 5 hours to distill 17 liters

      good luck with future runs