Re: [new_distillers] Re: reading material

  • M L
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 13 11:52 AM
      OOPS, Correction. The book "Moonshine" I was referring to is by Matthew B.Rowley

      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: reading material
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, August 12, 2013, 12:25 PM

      thanks
      for the recommendations.. i found smileys book on amazon and
      will get a copy.

      -----Original
      Message-----

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 13 8:30 PM

        Thats certainly true.  But take zbob s book for example.  Read everyrhing he had shared for free online and you get MORE than whats in his book.  But the book lays it all out, in order, and not interspersed with a variety of comments from others.  Books are great for beginners, references for the experienced, or just those that dont have the time or interest to wade through conflicting info from unknown authors.

        I think the power of the internet is the vast amount and quality of information available to all of us.  Un/fortunately the net has no editor, so books will always have a place.

        On Aug 12, 2013 5:18 PM, "Michael Gore" <mgore73@...> wrote:

        I'm not trying to take away anything from authors of distilling books, but most info can be found online. Especially at sites like homedistiller.com.

      • matt hammond
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 3, 2013

          Hi bubb

          I recommend the book "making pure corn whisky" by Ian Smiley BSc

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 3, 2013
            Why not read www.homedistiller.org?  Its free and contains a huge amount of information.

            Robert