Dallas Morning News

  • allibugger
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2013
      One Brave Soul Needed:
      Attached below is an email I received from Scott Parks, a reporter at the Dallas Morning News. I spoke with him yesteday and he is very interested in our fight for legalization; he would like to do a story about our hobby and our legalization efforts. He said that he is a strong believer in our cause and would like to help get the laws changed.

      Since the Dallas Morning News is a local paper, Scott is required to do a local story which means he needs to interview someone in the Dallas/north Texas area. He would like to talk about our hobby, take a picture of their setup, etc. Your identy is competly protected and will never be revealed if you so chose. This is a wonderful opportunity to get the words out in one our biggest cities. Please, someone call him.

      I am going to send him copies of the proposed legislation and a short history of our story. All you need to do is make an appointment with him and give him 30/60 minutes of your time. Alli

      ***Caveat #1. I know of no one who knows Scott Parks. I got no bad vibes when I spoke with him, but he is a reporter and may ask questions you are uncomfortable with - if so be honest with the guy. If he has not read the proposed legislation, tell him to call back after he has done so.

      Dallas Morning News Story
      Alli:
      My name is Scott Parks. I am a reporter for The Dallas Morning News. I talked to Rick Morris yesterday and asked him if he could put me in touch with a hobbyist moonshiner who might be willing to talk to me for a news story on the legalization effort. He suggested I contact you or John Barleycorn on this forum. I would need someone in the Dallas area. I would prefer someone who is willing to let me use their name, but if that is not acceptable, I could grant anonymity to the person in return for the interview. The basic story is about the fact that home beer and wine brewing is legal but home distilling is NOT. WHY is that?
      You can reach me at 214-977-8640 (office phone 10-6 pm M-F) or on my cell 972-639-8455
    • Slingshot
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2013
        Would it be a good idea to contact the paper and check if this cat actually works there??

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "allibugger" <allibugger@...> wrote:

        > One Brave Soul Needed:
        > Attached below is an email I received from Scott Parks, a reporter at the Dallas Morning News. I spoke with him yesteday and he is very interested in our fight for legalization; he would like to do a story about our hobby and our legalization efforts. He said that he is a strong believer in our cause and would like to help get the laws changed.
        >
        > Since the Dallas Morning News is a local paper, Scott is required to do a local story which means he needs to interview someone in the Dallas/north Texas area. He would like to talk about our hobby, take a picture of their setup, etc. Your identy is competly protected and will never be revealed if you so chose. This is a wonderful opportunity to get the words out in one our biggest cities. Please, someone call him.
        >
        > I am going to send him copies of the proposed legislation and a short history of our story. All you need to do is make an appointment with him and give him 30/60 minutes of your time. Alli
        >
        > ***Caveat #1. I know of no one who knows Scott Parks. I got no bad vibes when I spoke with him, but he is a reporter and may ask questions you are uncomfortable with - if so be honest with the guy. If he has not read the proposed legislation, tell him to call back after he has done so.
        >
        > Dallas Morning News Story
        > Alli:
        > My name is Scott Parks. I am a reporter for The Dallas Morning News. I talked to Rick Morris yesterday and asked him if he could put me in touch with a hobbyist moonshiner who might be willing to talk to me for a news story on the legalization effort. He suggested I contact you or John Barleycorn on this forum. I would need someone in the Dallas area. I would prefer someone who is willing to let me use their name, but if that is not acceptable, I could grant anonymity to the person in return for the interview. The basic story is about the fact that home beer and wine brewing is legal but home distilling is NOT. WHY is that?
        > You can reach me at 214-977-8640 (office phone 10-6 pm M-F) or on my cell 972-639-8455

      • Zapata Vive
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2013
          He works there.  Didn't bother calling, but did find both those numbers listed elsewhere on the net where he was trying to get people to contact him for a story....