muscadine whiskey recipe?

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013
      I have planted some muscadines this year that should start producing pretty well about two years from now.
      Anybody know a recipe where I could use these sweet southern grapes for some sweet southern muscadine whiskey?
    • Jim Graves
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
        I have 3 acres of muscadines and I made brandy this year from last years wine that did not turn out so good.  I added 1 pound of sugar to each gallon, added lacvin 1116
        yeast, refermented and then distilled.  Made great brandy!

        I have planted some muscadines this year that should start producing pretty well about two years from now.
        Anybody know a recipe where I could use these sweet southern grapes for some sweet southern muscadine whiskey?

      • Zapata Vive
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2013
          I hear there is a new distillery opening soon somewhere in the south that hopes to release a muscadine grappa, maybe a brandy too.