Re: Max ABV

  • Ric Cunningham
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013
      I have made meads with wine yeast that have pushed up to 18 percent with proper yeast nutrition. Step feeding has been used to drive ABV's up around 25%. Too much work for distillation wash, a good ferment of 10-14% is sufficient.

      --
      US Navy - 100% on watch
    • RLB
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2013
        Use Livine EC-1118 and add extra DAP.  15% abv is easy to achive.  I have done steps before, but it adds weeks to my fermentation.