Re: [new_distillers] Wild idea

  • Jeff Kimble
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 30, 2013
      I can tell you from personal experience it comes across VERY smoky..   I would try it with a small sample and taste it along the way.  A quart on charcoal, a quart on toasted oak, and pint untouched.

      On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 4:51 AM, captndan78 <captndan78@...> wrote:

      I'm new to this forum and have a sweet feed mash going now. I am also an avid BBQ'r. As such I make my own lump charcoal.. Red oak is all I use. The finished product is nearly pure carbon. So I had the idea to add the lump to the finished run or put the run over the lump as a filtering agent. Nuts?

    • jeffkimblelv
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 30, 2013
        I can tell you from personal experience it comes across VERY smoky.. I would try it with a small sample and taste it along the way. A quart on charcoal, a quart on toasted oak, and a pint untouched for control.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "captndan78" <captndan78@...> wrote:

        > I'm new to this forum and have a sweet feed mash going now. I am also an avid BBQ'r. As such I make my own lump charcoal.. Red oak is all I use. The finished product is nearly pure carbon. So I had the idea to add the lump to the finished run or put the run over the lump as a filtering agent. Nuts?

      • Heath Dollar
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 30, 2013
          Sounds like a good idea I use mesquite myself

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jul 30, 2013, at 6:51 AM, "captndan78" <captndan78@...> wrote:

          I'm new to this forum and have a sweet feed mash going now. I am also an avid BBQ'r. As such I make my own lump charcoal.. Red oak is all I use. The finished product is nearly pure carbon. So I had the idea to add the lump to the finished run or put the run over the lump as a filtering agent. Nuts?

        • Alli Bugger
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 30, 2013