Re: [new_distillers] Re: Changes to 26 USC for Legalization

  • Alli Bugger
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 30, 2013
      Jsducote,
      I agree completely about your concern for the blind-religious types and those who will see this as a potential decrease in revenue for the Budweisers and Coors or the world, it worries me as well. However, I hope folks like you will not let that stop you from trying to get the word and the proposed legislation out there.

      I read on Wikipedia the other day that Missouri never enacted state prohibition laws during the 20s and it is still legal in Missouri to distill alcohol.  The refusal to go along with prohibition was sponsored by Anheuser-Busch.  If anything would take revenue away from the beer companies it would be the laws passed in the 70s that allow you to brew up to 200 gallons of beer a year.

      I sent a copy of our proposal to a senator that I have been told is a teetotaller.  Obviously he may have a religious issue with drinking alcohol in general, but I just wanted him to be aware of what is going on in this great country.  This is why I have been pushing to get someone from every state to contact their legislators.  We know we don't have the gold, but we do have a voice.

      The myths about going blind, etc. will be hard to disprove for some, however I think we present a very good argument in the proposal.  It's all about aducation, education, education.  Thanks for your comments.  Alli

      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 29 2:08 PM
        John et al.,
        Sorry guys but I never got permission from the moderator to post this spreadsheet. You will have to get it the from the Brewhaus forum, Legalization, Tracking File for Legislators.

        The latest update is today. Since this post we have added Texas, Kentucky and Illinois. We need someone to contact Senator Robert C. Casey, Senator of Pennsylvania. He just said he was pushing to lower the tax rate on small breweries in Pittsburgh and across the country. See my post on the Brewhaus forum; Legalization, Goal #2.

        I may be contacted personnaly at allibugger@.... We are starting to roll - let's keep the ball moving. Thanks. Alli