Re: How to use new bigger keg

  • kekedog13
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25 12:23 PM
      Thanks for you're advice. I do think I want to make a column. But do you think maybe the copper mesh would provide enough reflux to allow me to just eliminate the thumper ? Like maybe just one roll of mesh low in the column? And I guess the top would just be a cap and a fitting to reduce the size of the line and then down to the worm? I was also thinking it could have a few coils just in the air as it winds down to the worm to pre-cool the vapors some so I don't have to re-build the worm to handle a faster vapor flow. I know some of my questions you may not be able to answer as it will be trail and error, I just want to try and have few errors.And the pot should be able to handle more juice, whem it gets up to production speed I cut the fire down to a very small flame and it maintains a good dribble and the temp remains consistent with the recomended rate I've read about.Then as the ABV goes down the temp goes up as it should .