My Speakeasy

  • ballard_bootlegger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23 3:53 PM
      Hello fellow distillers, I've gotten some great knowledge and fresh ideas walking the halls of these forums. As a few of you may know, I've been working for quite some time on opening my commercial distillery and I have now been licensed for about 18 mo. It's taken a lot of time but I finally have my foot in the door of the craft distilling industry. My first release, Speakeasy Vodka, has been received really well in my local circle of bartenders and friendly drinkers. I've got a small, local distributor who is picking up the product so I'll be able to really get the business moving over the next year.

      Today I launched a kickstarter.com campaign. I'm raising money to purchase some new equipment to meet the growing demand and finally start scaling up some more ambitious liquor. There's a video on the site that talks about the distillery and me. Anyway, I haven't ever heard anyone in here saying, "I have way too much money to spend on my hobby, I gotta find a more expensive way to make this booze..." so what I'm asking is for any willing drinkers to share the video with other drinkers as spreading the word is how these things work.

      http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/speakeasy/speakeasy-vodka-a-hand-crafted-small-batch-spirit

      Thanks for years of fun and insight!

      Drink well,
      Whitney.