Re: Changes to 26 USC for Legalization

  • allibugger
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 22 2:41 PM
      Robbie,
      I got my first reply from Senator Kaine's office today. He was very interested in our proposal, however he knows nothing about distilling or the laws governing it. He did say that this was the first he had heard of this (no surprise there). His recommendation was to contact as many Congressman's offices as possible. Soooo, we need everyone to contact their representatives in DC. Send them a copy of the proposed legislation change. Be prepared to educate them on our hobby and the distillation process in general - remember all we are asking is to be just as legal as the beer and wine makers. No more and no less.

      If you have a cocncern or question and don't want to post a response on this open forum, send an emamil directly to me at allibugger@.... Progress will be made one baby step at a time. Thanks
      Alli

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Robbie Mabry <robbie46@...> wrote:

      > I concur with this path. If we let them suggest an annual fee we would
      > have more negotiating room and still look good. Although, I am willing to
      > do just about anything needed to make it legal. I admire those leading this
      > battle and will do anything needed to support them.
      > On Jul 21, 2013 7:55 AM, "Max Norton" <nortonshog@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > This legislation seems logical. Lets go with the prescribed path first
      > > before we just automatically offer up a fee and all our info. We may have
      > > to bargain part of that away in the future, but lets not give up any more
      > > than we have to. If we have to give up all that and subject ourselves to
      > > all that, we might as well be getting a commercial distillers license and
      > > then just bargain for a more stream line process with lower fees and no
      > > bond.
      > >

      > > Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do
      > > not."~Thomas Jefferson

    • allibugger
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 29, 2013
        John et al.,
        Sorry guys but I never got permission from the moderator to post this spreadsheet. You will have to get it the from the Brewhaus forum, Legalization, Tracking File for Legislators.

        The latest update is today. Since this post we have added Texas, Kentucky and Illinois. We need someone to contact Senator Robert C. Casey, Senator of Pennsylvania. He just said he was pushing to lower the tax rate on small breweries in Pittsburgh and across the country. See my post on the Brewhaus forum; Legalization, Goal #2.

        I may be contacted personnaly at allibugger@.... We are starting to roll - let's keep the ball moving. Thanks. Alli