Re: Changes to 26 USC for Legalization

  • allibugger
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 20, 2013
      MLD,
      The state of Missouri apparently passed a law that says you can ferment up to 200 gallons of mash per year and distill it. Of course it is still a violation of federal law, but Misouri says it is not a violation of state law. As you pointed out, if we can get the federal law changed hopefully the states will also approve it.
      Alli

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, M L <kekedog13@...> wrote:

      > How is it legal in Missouri ?
      > On Fri, 7/19/13, allibugger <allibugger@...> wrote:
      >
      > Subject: [new_distillers] Re: Changes to 26 USC for Legalization
      > To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Friday, July 19, 2013, 6:52 PM

      > RLB,
      >
      > I apoligise if I did not make my case in such a fashion that
      > is moore easily understood. The proposed legislation states
      > that a home distiller may ferment up to 100 gallons of mash
      > for a 1 person household and 200 gallons for a household of
      > 2 or more persons per year. This is the same amount of beer
      > (mash) that a home brewer can now legally ferment. From the
      > 100/200 gallons of mash you would be allowed to distill as
      > much of it, at whatever APV you can get, as you wish. It in
      > no way suggests that we be able to distill 200 gallons of
      > 95% alcohol.
      >

      > PLease follow the links in my post and read the proposal and
      > then call, write or email your congressman. We will never
      > get this passed without help from a lot of interested
      > people. Thanks. Alli.
      >

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com,
      > RLB <last2blast@> wrote:
      >

      > > TTB replaced the main duties of tax collection and
      > enforcement that ATForiginally had involving alcohol.  If
      > you want such a legislation to pass, Congress, we need to
      > offer them something in return.
      >

      > > We should offer them a nominal fee based permit ($50),
      > our names, our addresses, our still location, list of our
      > equipment, our formulas, and our production records.  We
      > give them a little of what they want from distillers, and we
      > will most likely get what we want from them.
      >

      > > They will never approve 200 gals of 195 proof alcohol
      > because that tells them that we are selling  moonshine
      > without paying your fair share of taxes.  10 gals will
      > most likely pass, but 20 gals will be much harder to pass in
      > a new bill.  In time, TTB will most likely drop that
      > permit and fee system when we prove to them that it's
      > hobby distilling rather than moonshiners who are trying to
      > break the law by not paying their taxes.  If the TTB sets
      > up a hobby permit system, most states will do the same.
      >  Regulated pot growing is becoming legal, so it's
      > time that hobby distilling became regulated and legal.

    • allibugger
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 29, 2013
        John et al.,
        Sorry guys but I never got permission from the moderator to post this spreadsheet. You will have to get it the from the Brewhaus forum, Legalization, Tracking File for Legislators.

        The latest update is today. Since this post we have added Texas, Kentucky and Illinois. We need someone to contact Senator Robert C. Casey, Senator of Pennsylvania. He just said he was pushing to lower the tax rate on small breweries in Pittsburgh and across the country. See my post on the Brewhaus forum; Legalization, Goal #2.

        I may be contacted personnaly at allibugger@.... We are starting to roll - let's keep the ball moving. Thanks. Alli