Re: [new_distillers] Re: Changes to 26 USC for Legalization

  • M L
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 20 10:04 AM
      How is it legal in Missouri ?
      On Fri, 7/19/13, allibugger <allibugger@...> wrote:

      Subject: [new_distillers] Re: Changes to 26 USC for Legalization
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 19, 2013, 6:52 PM

      RLB,

      I apoligise if I did not make my case in such a fashion that
      is moore easily understood. The proposed legislation states
      that a home distiller may ferment up to 100 gallons of mash
      for a 1 person household and 200 gallons for a household of
      2 or more persons per year. This is the same amount of beer
      (mash) that a home brewer can now legally ferment. From the
      100/200 gallons of mash you would be allowed to distill as
      much of it, at whatever APV you can get, as you wish. It in
      no way suggests that we be able to distill 200 gallons of
      95% alcohol.

      PLease follow the links in my post and read the proposal and
      then call, write or email your congressman. We will never
      get this passed without help from a lot of interested
      people. Thanks. Alli.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com,
      RLB <last2blast@...> wrote:

      > TTB replaced the main duties of tax collection and
      enforcement that ATForiginally had involving alcohol.  If
      you want such a legislation to pass, Congress, we need to
      offer them something in return.

      > We should offer them a nominal fee based permit ($50),
      our names, our addresses, our still location, list of our
      equipment, our formulas, and our production records.  We
      give them a little of what they want from distillers, and we
      will most likely get what we want from them.

      > They will never approve 200 gals of 195 proof alcohol
      because that tells them that we are selling  moonshine
      without paying your fair share of taxes.  10 gals will
      most likely pass, but 20 gals will be much harder to pass in
      a new bill.  In time, TTB will most likely drop that
      permit and fee system when we prove to them that it's
      hobby distilling rather than moonshiners who are trying to
      break the law by not paying their taxes.  If the TTB sets
      up a hobby permit system, most states will do the same.
       Regulated pot growing is becoming legal, so it's
      time that hobby distilling became regulated and legal.

      > ________________________________

      Legalization

      > This post is directed at all members who reside in the
      USA. I assume anyone reading this message is aware that the
      distillation of alcohol in any amount without a permit from
      the ATF (Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms) is against Federal
      laws. It is also agaist all state laws that I know of
      except Missouri. I also assume that most members of this
      forum are aware that recently the TTB (Alcohol and Tobacco
      Tax Trade Bureau) sent a demand letter to all of the major
      manufacturers/sellers (read the ones they could identify)
      requiring them to send the TTB a list of the names and
      adddresses of everyone they sold a distilling apparatus to
      during the past 3 years. Going forward this list of
      customer's names/addresses is to be submitted quarterly.
      What the TTB intends to do with this list is unknown to
      those of us not connected with the TTB.

      > There is a petition going around to supossedly be sent
      to Congress requesting that hobby distilling be legalized.
      Many of you may have signed it - some have expressed concern
      about putting their real name on something that is currently
      illegal.

      > During the past several months members on the Brehaus
      Forum have been working very hard on a change to the current
      legislation that we think will fix the law. Basically what
      this change does is put hobby distillers on a par with the
      beer and wine makers who are allowed to produce up to 200
      gallons of beer or wine a year without a permit. The
      proposed change would allow anyone to distill as much or as
      little of the currently legal amount of beer (mash) of 200
      gallons. Put another way, you would be able to ferment up
      to 200 gallons of mash per year per household and distill
      some of it or all of it.

      > To access this proposal, go to www.brewhaus.com and go
      to the bottom of the left side of the home page and find
      Forum. That will take you to the Form page - open that and
      click on Legalization. The 2nd topic is 26 USC for
      Legalization. At the bottom of the 1st post is the
      document: hd-legalization-1.0.pdf. Open that doc and read
      it. It is open - you can add or subtract from it as you see
      fit.

      > Now comes the hard part. We need to get this proposal
      to as many Congressmen/Women as possible. They are busy
      fighting and this proposal will not make the Feds a dime.
      What it will do save the TTB money because they wouldn't
      have to worry about collecting $27.00 from everyone who
      makes 2 gallons of untaxed hooch. Do you know a corgress
      person? Do you know someone who does? Send this proposal
      to them. Meet them at a tomnhallmetting and hand it to
      them. Make an appointment and go to their office.
      Don't be afraid to start with one of their aids as long
      as somebody listens to you. Attached is a shortcut you can
      copy and paste in your browser: http://www.brewhausforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=889&d=1373544747

      > If you have questions on how to proceed, send me an
      email. Thanks for reading. Alli

    • allibugger
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 29, 2013
        John et al.,
        Sorry guys but I never got permission from the moderator to post this spreadsheet. You will have to get it the from the Brewhaus forum, Legalization, Tracking File for Legislators.

        The latest update is today. Since this post we have added Texas, Kentucky and Illinois. We need someone to contact Senator Robert C. Casey, Senator of Pennsylvania. He just said he was pushing to lower the tax rate on small breweries in Pittsburgh and across the country. See my post on the Brewhaus forum; Legalization, Goal #2.

        I may be contacted personnaly at allibugger@.... We are starting to roll - let's keep the ball moving. Thanks. Alli