corny keg seals for high proof

  • Zapata Vive
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2013
      I think some of you store low wines and age high proof in corny kegs like homebrewers use.  I wonder if you replaced any of the keg seals or parts to make them more compatible with high proof.  Obviously the standard seals are good enough for beer, just wondering if anybody thinks it's necessary to find something more resistant.

      For those of you who haven't thought of it, or thought of it lately, with the rise in the cost of carboys, you can often get reconditioned cornelious kegs for cheaper than glass carboys.  $40 vs. $42 last time I was at a homebrew store.

      Thanks