dilution of low wines

  • Zapata Vive
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12 9:01 PM
      I've read a few posts about this, including Harry's write up in his library, and even practiced it myself, mostly because I just trust Harry.

      I get the safety bit.  I get the larger hearts cut bit.  I get the no need to dilute for aging bit.

      But what I can't quite wrap my head around is how this doesn't cause more heads components to be present in the hearts cut.  Seems to me if the hearts cut is larger, the heads cut must be smaller, which must mean more heads in the hearts.  At least if basing cuts on ABV of distillate instead of just taste.

      I think I must just be missing something, because I would think that if I had substantial heads contaminating the hearts, the hangovers would be bad.  As it is, I just follow what sounds like good advice (diluting the low wines) and hangovers are near non-existent.

      What am I missing?