Quebec'er's trip to NYC area

  • Tom Robins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8 7:00 AM
      Jerry:

      I read John's message in much the same way I'd ask the question if I were traveling to a new city (especially a foreign country) and were looking for local advice on a good shop to visit.   Local knowledge often leads to better experience.

      I agree he might have used the Internet for a search, too.  I wouldn't ding him for reaching out to this community, myself.

      Tom
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9 3:10 AM
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Tom Robins <varocketry@...> wrote:

        > Jerry:
        > I read John's message in much the same way I'd ask the question if I were traveling to a new city (especially a foreign country) and were looking for local advice on a good shop to visit. Local knowledge often leads to better experience.
        > I agree he might have used the Internet for a search, too. I wouldn't ding him for reaching out to this community, myself.
        > Tom

        There is a Canadian home-distilling supplier -

        http://www.home-distilling.com

        wal
      • Jerry McCullough
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9 7:21 AM
          If the Quebec'er buys the still in NYC then he has to transport it back to Quebec. The one time I have been to Canada, 3 years ago, I was with some friends in their car with NY tags, the car was searched. If the Quebec'er gets searched, how is he going to explain the still?
          I read John's message in much the same way I'd ask the question if I were traveling to a new city (especially a foreign country) and were looking for local advice on a good shop to visit.   Local knowledge often leads to better experience.

          I agree he might have used the Internet for a search, too.  I wouldn't ding him for reaching out to this community, myself.

          Tom
        • M L
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9 9:58 AM
            It's for distilling water of course, nothin illegal here !

            Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Quebec'er's trip to NYC area
            To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>

            From: Tom Robins
            <varocketry@...>
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9 11:36 AM
              Water purification to obfuscate it a bit....(and not use the word distill)

              To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>

              From: Tom Robins
              <varocketry@...>
              [new_distillers] Quebec'er's trip to NYC area

              Jerry:
              I read John's message in much the same way
              I'd ask the question if I were traveling to a new city
              (especially a foreign country) and were looking for local
              advice on a good shop to visit.   Local knowledge often
              leads to better experience.
              I agree he might have used the Internet for a
              search, too.  I wouldn't ding him for reaching out
              to this community, myself.
              Tom

              Slainté
              Rick Wrightson