Re: [new_distillers] 50% cuts

  • Jerry McCullough
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30 5:34 AM
      Pretty well the exact same thing happened to me a few years back. It has only happened to me once. Subsequent similar distillations had no problems.  I brought the question to this group and one of the sages with tons of experience explained that the mostly likely occurrence is that you got too far into the tails and some fats and other icky stuff got carried over. When you diluted the distillate, there was some degree of temperature change and that change caused the fats to clump together and produce the clouding.

      The problem is easy to cure since you are making vodka, carbon filter the distillate. It will return to the crystal clear state.

      Have a great day,

      Jerry