I've managed to make 2 lb batches of corn malt and used that to convert 10 lb of corn (2 lb malt corn + 8 lb corn).
Take 2 lb of the corn and immerse in enough warm water to cover by a couple inches. Let stand for 12 hours. Drain, rinse and re-immerse. Repeat twice more (total of 36 hours). Drain the corn and dump it into a malt roller. It looks like this << http://youtu.be/_-41wQHHi0o
>> scaled down to a five gallon bucket. You'll need a timer to start and stop it -- mine runs for 1 minute every 72 minutes. You should see chits within a day and roots equal to the kernel length in 5 to 7 days depending on temperature and humidity. Eventually the rootlets will dry up and turn black if you leave them long enough. Grind with a blender just before you use it.
--- In email@example.com, "gravelier007" <bhoren@...> wrote:
> Hey Chuck
> The person who started this thread is Tarvus33991. He is the one with experience in malting corn. I would try to send him a message and ask your question directly. My thought is that any mold is bad mold. But I am not the expert. I would rather grind the corn, cook it to sterilize and gelatinize the starch. And then use enzyme to convert the starch to sugar. Your way just seems like too much work. But who am I to judge.
> Hope you get your answers. Good luck
> --- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "Chuck" <warnerphoto@> wrote:
> > The mold is black.