Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning

Expand Messages
  • Jim Graves
    Just remember the gov t will spend millions to collect a few pennies in taxes!  And that is what they will try to get you for!  
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 14, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Just remember the gov't will spend millions to collect a few pennies in taxes!  And that is what they will try to get you for!
       


      From: Blackhat-Whitedog <blkhatwhtdog@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:49 AM
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning

       
      I do believe that this info was collected is/was known already....its mentioned on some FAQs.   In fact it surprises me that they hadn't already collected this info.  (and since the recent revelations about NSA data collecting, don't they already have our credit card charges and our mailing list memberships)    However, when I do buy my own rig, I'll make a point of buying it local, with cash. 

      --- On Thu, 6/13/13, fatbloke <fatbloke@...> wrote:

      From: fatbloke <fatbloke@...>
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 6:09 PM



      Hum ? What do you say to that ?

      How about......no or get a warrant signed by a nice man.....called a federal judge

      Or just tell the email originator to clear off with their scaremongering email hoaxes shoved firmly up their backside........

      Or just...... sue me !

      Hopefull <hopefull_romantic@...> wrote:
       
      Hello,
              As many of you are probably already aware, the TTB (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau), which is the federal government agency that controls virtually all things related to alcohol, formally requested the list of sales of distillers, distillation columns, and boilers.  The request encompasses all sales of these products (and these products only- supplies and other equipment are not required to be documented) for the past three years, and quarterly reports from this point on.  This appears to have been an industry wide movement, as all of the major producers and distributors have received the same request.  We are contacting you to let you know that, based on your purchase date and the product(s) that you purchased, your information will be included on our list to the TTB.
              We have fielded a very large number of phone calls and e-mails asking what the TTB intends to do with this information.  This is something that we cannot answer.  There are many theories being discussed on various forums, including our own (www.brewhausforum.com), however, they are not currently substantiated.  Even though it should not have a significant effect to those not using the equipment to distill alcohol or those who have already obtain proper licensing, it can still prove to be an inconvenience should the government act on the information. 
              One possible positive side to this action is that it has energized many people who support hobby distillation (who are obviously the most concerned over the request), and there is now some movement to press for legalization of hobby distillation.  If you would be interested in supporting this movement, please visit our forum.
              While this is obviously beyond our control, we are sorry to be the bearer of such news.
                      Sincerely,
                      Brewhaus




    • John Schaerer
      If you have built your rig from scratch using typical plumbing components there is no way anywone can assume that it is a still  
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        If you have built your rig from scratch using typical plumbing components there is no way anywone can assume that it is a still
         

        From: Jim Graves <jimbull34@...>
        To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
        Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:53 PM
        Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
         
        Just remember the gov't will spend millions to collect a few pennies in taxes!  And that is what they will try to get you for!
         

        From: Blackhat-Whitedog <blkhatwhtdog@...>
        To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:49 AM
        Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
         
        I do believe that this info was collected is/was known already....its mentioned on some FAQs.   In fact it surprises me that they hadn't already collected this info.  (and since the recent revelations about NSA data collecting, don't they already have our credit card charges and our mailing list memberships)    However, when I do buy my own rig, I'll make a point of buying it local, with cash. 

        --- On Thu, 6/13/13, fatbloke <fatbloke@...> wrote:

        From: fatbloke <fatbloke@...>
        Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
        To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 6:09 PM

        Hum ? What do you say to that ?
        How about......no or get a warrant signed by a nice man.....called a federal judge
        Or just tell the email originator to clear off with their scaremongering email hoaxes shoved firmly up their backside........
        Or just...... sue me !
        Hopefull <hopefull_romantic@...> wrote: 
        Hello,
                As many of you are probably already aware, the TTB (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau), which is the federal government agency that controls virtually all things related to alcohol, formally requested the list of sales of distillers, distillation columns, and boilers.  The request encompasses all sales of these products (and these products only- supplies and other equipment are not required to be documented) for the past three years, and quarterly reports from this point on.  This appears to have been an industry wide movement, as all of the major producers and distributors have received the same request.  We are contacting you to let you know that, based on your purchase date and the product(s) that you purchased, your information will be included on our list to the TTB.
                We have fielded a very large number of phone calls and e-mails asking what the TTB intends to do with this information.  This is something that we cannot answer.  There are many theories being discussed on various forums, including our own (http://www.brewhausforum.com/), however, they are not currently substantiated.  Even though it should not have a significant effect to those not using the equipment to distill alcohol or those who have already obtain proper licensing, it can still prove to be an inconvenience should the government act on the information. 
                One possible positive side to this action is that it has energized many people who support hobby distillation (who are obviously the most concerned over the request), and there is now some movement to press for legalization of hobby distillation.  If you would be interested in supporting this movement, please visit our forum.
                While this is obviously beyond our control, we are sorry to be the bearer of such news.
                        Sincerely,
                        Brewhaus
      • John Schaerer
        Another argument is using the rig to experiment with the refining of old cooking oil to turn it into diesel fuel ________________________________ From: Jim
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 15, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          Another argument is using the rig to experiment with the refining of old cooking oil to turn it into diesel fuel

          From: Jim Graves <jimbull34@...>
          To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
          Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:53 PM
          Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
           
          Just remember the gov't will spend millions to collect a few pennies in taxes!  And that is what they will try to get you for!
           

          From: Blackhat-Whitedog <blkhatwhtdog@...>
          To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:49 AM
          Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
           
          I do believe that this info was collected is/was known already....its mentioned on some FAQs.   In fact it surprises me that they hadn't already collected this info.  (and since the recent revelations about NSA data collecting, don't they already have our credit card charges and our mailing list memberships)    However, when I do buy my own rig, I'll make a point of buying it local, with cash. 

          --- On Thu, 6/13/13, fatbloke <fatbloke@...> wrote:

          From: fatbloke <fatbloke@...>
          Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
          To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 6:09 PM

          Hum ? What do you say to that ?
          How about......no or get a warrant signed by a nice man.....called a federal judge
          Or just tell the email originator to clear off with their scaremongering email hoaxes shoved firmly up their backside........
          Or just...... sue me !
          Hopefull <hopefull_romantic@...> wrote: 
          Hello,
                  As many of you are probably already aware, the TTB (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau), which is the federal government agency that controls virtually all things related to alcohol, formally requested the list of sales of distillers, distillation columns, and boilers.  The request encompasses all sales of these products (and these products only- supplies and other equipment are not required to be documented) for the past three years, and quarterly reports from this point on.  This appears to have been an industry wide movement, as all of the major producers and distributors have received the same request.  We are contacting you to let you know that, based on your purchase date and the product(s) that you purchased, your information will be included on our list to the TTB.
                  We have fielded a very large number of phone calls and e-mails asking what the TTB intends to do with this information.  This is something that we cannot answer.  There are many theories being discussed on various forums, including our own (http://www.brewhausforum.com/), however, they are not currently substantiated.  Even though it should not have a significant effect to those not using the equipment to distill alcohol or those who have already obtain proper licensing, it can still prove to be an inconvenience should the government act on the information. 
                  One possible positive side to this action is that it has energized many people who support hobby distillation (who are obviously the most concerned over the request), and there is now some movement to press for legalization of hobby distillation.  If you would be interested in supporting this movement, please visit our forum.
                  While this is obviously beyond our control, we are sorry to be the bearer of such news.
                          Sincerely,
                          Brewhaus
        • Jim Graves
          It just so happens that I do make bio diesel and I can use ethanol to make it with, but, BUT, the law says you still have to have a permit to make alcohol to
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 16, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            It just so happens that I do make bio diesel and I can use ethanol to make it with, but, BUT, the law says you still have to have a permit to make alcohol to make bio diesel.  Go figure....
             


            From: John Schaerer <johnschaerer@...>
            To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
            Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:15 AM
            Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning

             
            If you have built your rig from scratch using typical plumbing components there is no way anywone can assume that it is a still
             

            From: Jim Graves <jimbull34@...>
            To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
            Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:53 PM
            Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
             
            Just remember the gov't will spend millions to collect a few pennies in taxes!  And that is what they will try to get you for!
             

            From: Blackhat-Whitedog <blkhatwhtdog@...>
            To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
            Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:49 AM
            Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
             
            I do believe that this info was collected is/was known already....its mentioned on some FAQs.   In fact it surprises me that they hadn't already collected this info.  (and since the recent revelations about NSA data collecting, don't they already have our credit card charges and our mailing list memberships)    However, when I do buy my own rig, I'll make a point of buying it local, with cash. 

            --- On Thu, 6/13/13, fatbloke <fatbloke@...> wrote:

            From: fatbloke <fatbloke@...>
            Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
            To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 6:09 PM

            Hum ? What do you say to that ?
            How about......no or get a warrant signed by a nice man.....called a federal judge
            Or just tell the email originator to clear off with their scaremongering email hoaxes shoved firmly up their backside........
            Or just...... sue me !
            Hopefull <hopefull_romantic@...> wrote: 
            Hello,
                    As many of you are probably already aware, the TTB (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau), which is the federal government agency that controls virtually all things related to alcohol, formally requested the list of sales of distillers, distillation columns, and boilers.  The request encompasses all sales of these products (and these products only- supplies and other equipment are not required to be documented) for the past three years, and quarterly reports from this point on.  This appears to have been an industry wide movement, as all of the major producers and distributors have received the same request.  We are contacting you to let you know that, based on your purchase date and the product(s) that you purchased, your information will be included on our list to the TTB.
                    We have fielded a very large number of phone calls and e-mails asking what the TTB intends to do with this information.  This is something that we cannot answer.  There are many theories being discussed on various forums, including our own (http://www.brewhausforum.com/), however, they are not currently substantiated.  Even though it should not have a significant effect to those not using the equipment to distill alcohol or those who have already obtain proper licensing, it can still prove to be an inconvenience should the government act on the information. 
                    One possible positive side to this action is that it has energized many people who support hobby distillation (who are obviously the most concerned over the request), and there is now some movement to press for legalization of hobby distillation.  If you would be interested in supporting this movement, please visit our forum.
                    While this is obviously beyond our control, we are sorry to be the bearer of such news.
                            Sincerely,
                            Brewhaus


          • David
            Does this include ebay?
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 20, 2013
            • 0 Attachment
              Does this include ebay?

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Hopefull" <hopefull_romantic@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hello,
              >
              > As many of you are probably already aware, the TTB (Alcohol and
              > Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau), which is the federal government agency that
              > controls virtually all things related to alcohol, formally requested the
              > list of sales of distillers, distillation columns, and boilers. The request
              > encompasses all sales of these products (and these products only- supplies
              > and other equipment are not required to be documented) for the past three
              > years, and quarterly reports from this point on. This appears to have been
              > an industry wide movement, as all of the major producers and distributors
              > have received the same request. We are contacting you to let you know that,
              > based on your purchase date and the product(s) that you purchased, your
              > information will be included on our list to the TTB.
              >
              > We have fielded a very large number of phone calls and e-mails
              > asking what the TTB intends to do with this information. This is something
              > that we cannot answer. There are many theories being discussed on various
              > forums, including our own (www.brewhausforum.com), however, they are not
              > currently substantiated. Even though it should not have a significant
              > effect to those not using the equipment to distill alcohol or those who have
              > already obtain proper licensing, it can still prove to be an inconvenience
              > should the government act on the information.
              >
              > One possible positive side to this action is that it has energized
              > many people who support hobby distillation (who are obviously the most
              > concerned over the request), and there is now some movement to press for
              > legalization of hobby distillation. If you would be interested in
              > supporting this movement, please visit our forum.
              >
              > While this is obviously beyond our control, we are sorry to be the
              > bearer of such news.
              >
              > Sincerely,
              >
              > Brewhaus
              >
            • Lumpy Rutherford
              Guys, I don t know how things work in your various countries, But I ve never heard of the government sending emails to people who don t actually use their real
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2013
              • 0 Attachment
                Guys, I don't know how things work in your various countries, But I've never heard of the government sending emails to people who don't actually use their real names to threaten or warn them about anything. If you haven't received a registered letter at your home or received a knock at the door, odds are, you've found a scammer when you open an email of that type...

                --- On Sat, 6/15/13, John Schaerer <johnschaerer@...> wrote:

                From: John Schaerer <johnschaerer@...>
                Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
                To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Saturday, June 15, 2013, 10:18 PM

                 

                Another argument is using the rig to experiment with the refining of old cooking oil to turn it into diesel fuel

                From: Jim Graves <jimbull34@...>
                To: "new_distillers@yahoogroups.com" <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
                Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:53 PM
                Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
                 
                Just remember the gov't will spend millions to collect a few pennies in taxes!  And that is what they will try to get you for!
                 

                From: Blackhat-Whitedog <blkhatwhtdog@...>
                To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
                Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 1:49 AM
                Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
                 
                I do believe that this info was collected is/was known already....its mentioned on some FAQs.   In fact it surprises me that they hadn't already collected this info.  (and since the recent revelations about NSA data collecting, don't they already have our credit card charges and our mailing list memberships)    However, when I do buy my own rig, I'll make a point of buying it local, with cash. 

                --- On Thu, 6/13/13, fatbloke <fatbloke@...> wrote:

                From: fatbloke <fatbloke@...>
                Subject: Re: [new_distillers] ATB warrning
                To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thursday, June 13, 2013, 6:09 PM

                Hum ? What do you say to that ?
                How about......no or get a warrant signed by a nice man.....called a federal judge
                Or just tell the email originator to clear off with their scaremongering email hoaxes shoved firmly up their backside........
                Or just...... sue me !
                Hopefull <hopefull_romantic@...> wrote: 
                Hello,
                        As many of you are probably already aware, the TTB (Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau), which is the federal government agency that controls virtually all things related to alcohol, formally requested the list of sales of distillers, distillation columns, and boilers.  The request encompasses all sales of these products (and these products only- supplies and other equipment are not required to be documented) for the past three years, and quarterly reports from this point on.  This appears to have been an industry wide movement, as all of the major producers and distributors have received the same request.  We are contacting you to let you know that, based on your purchase date and the product(s) that you purchased, your information will be included on our list to the TTB.
                        We have fielded a very large number of phone calls and e-mails asking what the TTB intends to do with this information.  This is something that we cannot answer.  There are many theories being discussed on various forums, including our own (http://www.brewhausforum.com/), however, they are not currently substantiated.  Even though it should not have a significant effect to those not using the equipment to distill alcohol or those who have already obtain proper licensing, it can still prove to be an inconvenience should the government act on the information. 
                        One possible positive side to this action is that it has energized many people who support hobby distillation (who are obviously the most concerned over the request), and there is now some movement to press for legalization of hobby distillation.  If you would be interested in supporting this movement, please visit our forum.
                        While this is obviously beyond our control, we are sorry to be the bearer of such news.
                                Sincerely,
                                Brewhaus
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.