intrested in new recipes

  • et_couldry
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2013
      I have a 7 gallon bucket for fermenting. I have done simple sugar mashes so far. I am interested in corn or whiskey recipes. As well as other sugar recipes. I would like a good brandy recipe. I have a pot still that's a simple with a electric heating unit. Thanks EBB

      any advice is great thanks
    • matt hammond
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2013
        Etcouldtry, this is the one that killed Elvis, try .2 lbs of barley malt and 1.2 lbs of ground corn and add a half pound of white sugar for every gallon of water... email me back if you want the cooking instructions (this ratio and measurements for EACH ingredient are for each gallon of water, just wanted to make sure you didn't misread)
        Can u tell me what temps you boil at for your beer stripping run, mine are around 85 to 101 degrees C thats with 1 degree C added for calibration correction

        ------------------------------
        On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 12:02 PM EDT et_couldry wrote:

        >I have a 7 gallon bucket for fermenting. I have done simple sugar mashes so far. I am interested in corn or whiskey recipes. As well as other sugar recipes. I would like a good brandy recipe. I have a pot still that's a simple with a electric heating unit. Thanks EBB
        >
        >any advice is great thanks

      • matt hammond
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 20, 2013

          Dear Evan, I'm going back to 2.5 lbs total grain per gallon of water with 5 lbs white sugar per 4 gallons of water

          Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

          I have a 7 gallon bucket for fermenting. I have done simple sugar mashes so far. I am interested in corn or whiskey recipes. As well as other sugar recipes. I would like a good brandy recipe. I have a pot still that's a simple with a electric heating unit. Thanks EBB

          any advice is great thanks

        • Evan
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 21, 2013
            For a wiskey mash?