Got malted corn, now what?

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2013
      I've got 10 lb. malted corn, milled and ready. My goal is plain corn 'shine. How much sugar and water is best for this quantity? How long should I keep it at 150 degrees (or what is the best temp?) before I strain it into my fermenter?
      Chuck
    • Jim Graves
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2013
        Keep it at 152 for at least 2 hours or longer, should be a slimey gooey mess, add cool water and then yeast do not strain it out!  Leave everything on the bottom, you can make 8-12 runs out of a single mash, simply return the feints back to the fermentor after distilling(add sugar while hot to desolve) let cool overnight and put back into fermentor, stir good and the yeast will take off again, POOF, sour mash!

        JIM