Making corn mash first time- need advice

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 11:36 AM
      I tried a small amount of field corn as an experiment. What I did was:
      Soak it in water for about three days,then spread it out on a plastic tarp and covered it with another tarp. I kept it damp and in about 5 days about half of it showed 1/4 to 1/2 inch sprouts. I also found that there was a bit of mold growing too.

      So, with the mold, do I have to throw it out, or can it simply be rinsed and sun dried before milling? How can I do this the right way?

      Chuck