Cigarette prices reduced to HALF

  • milisa001
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 5, 2002
      Cigarette prices reduced to HALF

      Hey buddies,

      Complete Smoke Shop With All Your Favorite Brands at around 50%
      Discount Prices!

      This site is specially made to promote the cause of COOL SMOKE.
      Save 50% on cigarettes
      Available in King Size 100's, Full Flavor, Lights, Ultra Lights,
      Menthol and Menthol Lights

      ------------------- SPECIAL OFFER ----------------------

      Get Marlboro carton at $17.95 and other exciting offers.

      !!!! FREE FREE FREE !!!!! 1 carton of MARLBORO with 5 carton
      Marlboro purchase.

      visit http://www.dutyfree-cigarettes.com for more rates....

      Milisa
    • Hein

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 6, 2002
            To Hein,
            Are these cigarettes and/or cigars despatched from within Australia or are
            they coming from overseas.
            Best Regards Jan.

            >From: "Hein" <hramp@...>
            >To: <new_distillers@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Cigarette prices reduced to HALF
            >Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 14:46:42 +0930

          • Dr. M. Legendre
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 6, 2002
              On Fri, 05 Jul 2002 10:57:48 -0000
              "milisa001" <milisa001@...> wrote:

              > Cigarette prices reduced to HALF

              How considerate that you would supply us with this carcinogenic pollution
              at only half the cost! I'm sure you will make a great impression on many
              small lives in the process..

              Good time to point out that whatever the white man gave to the Native
              Americans - be it whiskey, guns or smallpox blankets - they just gave
              right back in spades. ;-)

              Cough, cough.

              -- Dr. M. Legendre
            • ups474@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 6, 2002
                We don't call them white men- the term is wasichus (Sioux).
                By the way, tobacco was discovered in what is now called Cuba by Columbus-
                smoking the stuff with some ammonia twenty times a day is a wasichu idea. We
                tend to blend it with sumac leaves and the inner bark of either the red
                alder, red willow, or dogwood, along with some Sweetgrass. Blended, it's
                actually rather pleasant smelling/tasting.
              • Aaron Pelly
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 6, 2002
                  is this stuff commercially available?

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 7, 2002
                    No, Kinnikinnick, as it is called, is not commercially available ( I believe
                    some brands of tobacco call themselves this, however)- it is a sacrament,
                    prepared in a ceremony that pays tribute to the sun, earth, the winds of
                    north,south, east, and west, as well as to the Wakan Tanka ("great
                    mysterious" or "great spirit"- no, not the 95%abv spirit!)
                    By the way, a vanilla bean added to a batch of gin really adds a nice touch
                    to an otherwise overdone style of spirit. (thanks to Tony for that idea)
                    Also, a bit of chocolate milk, along with a dash of chocolate liqueur (to
                    enhance the chocolate flavor), and a shot of cherry schnaps makes a great
                    after dinner drink. And, I have finalized some experiments with homemade
                    turbo yeast:
                    5 TEAspoons of Diammonium phosphate
                    5 TABLEspoons of acid blend, and 5 packets of EC-1118 (Lavlin- little 5 gram
                    packets), along with a handfull of raisins, grapes, malted barley, etc. Will
                    ferment out 6kilograms of table sugar in 20L (5gal) of water, producing
                    16%abv in under a week- giving anyone who can get the ingredients the same
                    performance as a Turbo-6kg yeast packet.
                  • Dr. M. Legendre
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 7, 2002
                      On Sun, 7 Jul 2002 03:26:40 EDT
                      ups474@... wrote:

                      > No, Kinnikinnick, as it is called, is not commercially available

                      FWIW, there are several shops here in town that sell Kinnikinnick.. not
                      commercially cultivated / packaged, but I believe it is gathered and
                      packed by local native groups. The new-age hippie types are all about that
                      stuff, as well as dream-catchers, ear candles and so on. 'Sacramental
                      value may vary'. You know how it is.

                      > And, I have finalized some experiments with homemade
                      > turbo yeast:
                      > 5 TEAspoons of Diammonium phosphate
                      > 5 TABLEspoons of acid blend, and 5 packets of EC-1118 (Lavlin- little 5
                      > gram packets), along with a handfull of raisins, grapes, malted barley,
                      > etc. Will ferment out 6kilograms of table sugar in 20L (5gal) of water,
                      > producing 16%abv in under a week- giving anyone who can get the
                      > ingredients the same performance as a Turbo-6kg yeast packet.

                      Ok, questions on this one... 5T of acid blend is a lot in an unbuffered
                      sugar solution.. where does the pH go during all of this? My first
                      thought, is that it would dip way, way too low.. Have you ever recorded
                      it?

                      Lavlin EC-1118 is $0.85 + tax here.. add the costs of the DAP, Acid blend,
                      and it's about 2x the cost of a basic 6kg turbo. Have you ever tried to
                      use the RedStar equivalent S. Bayanus? (available in 1lb packs for $9).
                      What about the Alltech DADY yeast? (1lb. about $7)

                      Please describe your pitching temp & procedure.. Do you just wait till the
                      wash is less than (some temp around 75-85f) then dump your blend in?

                      -- Dr. M. Legendre
                    • ups474@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 7, 2002
                        Yes, the acid is a bit too much- I've never bothered to check it- I just went
                        with that amount because it's the amount quoted in the often published "thin
                        wort/sugar" recipe that uses bread yeast and 2 pounds of sugar. The low Ph
                        doesn't hurt the ferment any. I've never tried the Alltech brand of yeast,
                        but Red Star's Prisse de Mousse/Premier Cuvee is the same as EC-1118, and
                        I've used it, too, with the same result. $0.85+tax?- in the U.S., yeast is
                        considered a food item, and is not taxable- you may wish to have a chat with
                        your homebrew shop owner. As for the acid blend- citric acid works just as
                        well- I buy the acid and the DAP by the 50pound bag- so I get it cheap enough
                        to make it worth my while. The sugar and misc. fermentable (raisins, grain,
                        etc) are dissolved in boiling h2o (if grain, I wait until 155F), this is
                        cooled to 120F, when I add the DAP and acid. I then cool to about 85F, when
                        I tear open the yeast packets and dump them in- no stirring, just leave on
                        top for 4 hours, then stir. As for the "new age hippie" idiocy, I've always
                        thought that dream catchers were nothing more than a gimmick- one that looks
                        remarkably like the willow hoops that my people stretch an enemies' scalp on.
                      • Dr. M. Legendre
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 8, 2002
                          On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 14:58:46 +0930
                          "Hein" <hramp@...> wrote:

> [...]

                          Uh, why is this person twice replying-to this spam, on list, and quoting
                          the whole text? Did we miss something the first time? The second?

                          Seems like someone is all set up to spam this group...

                          -- Dr. M. Legendre
                        • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 8, 2002
                            > On Sat, 6 Jul 2002 14:58:46 +0930
                            > "Hein" <hramp@...> wrote:
                            > Seems like someone is all set up to spam this group...

                            Yeah, I let the first one go, but have since removed "Hein" from both newsgroups after this second posting. If its a genuine mistake, he can email me and explain before rejoining.

                            Tony