Re: newb question on flavor

  • David
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 2013
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "David Eastham" <planetgong0@...> wrote:

      > Slightly sweet and hot, no need to spit it out, whereas if you get some tails your first instinct is to spit it out!! Leave a small amount in a wide necked glass and let it evaporate. There should be no smell left behind in the glass.
      > Dave E
      >
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mav" <mavnkaf@> wrote:
      > >
      > > "My question is what will a good run taste like if the cuts are done properly with a neutral recipe?"
      > >
      > > Just what jimbull34 said, "If you reflux right, it'll just be a hot mouth full!"
      > >
      > > And I agree, neutral grain spirit is, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_grain_spirit
      > >
      > > Cheers
      > > Marc
      > >

      > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "David" <luv2duckhunt88@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have been reading extensively to build my knowledge before my first run with my reflux still. My goal is a neutral spirit that can be flavored using a sugar wash. I have the recipe for that one. My question is what will a good run taste like if the cuts are done properly with a neutral recipe?

      Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond to my question! Can anyone elaborate on what is meant by a "hot" taste?
    • jsducote
      Message 2 of 9 , May 8, 2013
        All the words in the world are no substitute for 1st hand experience. Perhaps go buy a small bottle of 190 proof spirit (e.g. Everclear) for less than $10. It has no taste other than the burn.