RE: [new_distillers] Confuzzled

  • ben marks
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 25, 2013
      if your mash is all fermented out 100% you should be getting around 1.5 liter  @160 proof with the sugar alone not counting  the grain i believe i get around a gallon @ 80 proof from my recipes using about 3-4 lb of grain and 5 lbs of sugar
      check to see if ur getting a full ferment
      are u  doing any thing for starch conversion ?
      what grains r u using? barley, corn, wheat, rye, oats? only barley  has the inzimes for starch conversion
      r u using 2 row or 6 row barley?  6 row is way better,  more inzimes
      ..ben

      ________________________________

        Whiskey is What Beer Wants to Be When it Grows Up

      ______________________

      Your Car is German. Your Vodka is Russian. Your Pizza Italian. Your
      Kebab is Turkish. Your Democracy is Greek. Your Coffee Brazilian.
      Your Movies are American. Your Tea is Chinese
      . Your Shirt is Mexican.
      Your Oil is Saudi Arabian. Your Electronics are Japanese. Your Numbers  are

      Arabic, Your Letters are Latin. Your Cocaine is Colombian. And you
      Complain that your Neighbor is an Immigrant?

      _________________________

      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: gonagin58@...
      Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:31:06 -0700
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Confuzzled

      Don't use distilled water, use spring water and use bakers yeast along with the brewers yeast.

      On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM, cnapier@... <cnapier@...> wrote:

      Ok.....need help.

      I've run multiple sessions of shine.

      I like very much the flavor of my shine.

      4 inches of all grain...corn, barley, maple mix.
      5 pounds white sugar.
      5 gallons distilled water.
      2 teaspoons dady brewers yeast.
      Water temp 70 degrees
      All in glass carboy

      Wait til yeast is finished.

      Distilled in pot still.
      Double barreled condenser.

      Done on hot plate.....plenty of heat.

      Lucky to get 40 oz on stripping run.
      Run again....less than a quart of 160 proof.

      Feel free to drag me thru the mud.

      Claude

      Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE exclusively from Sprint