Re: Liebig question

  • tallnskinny
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2013
      Thank you guys for the input and encouragement. Obviously I am moving slowly with my build but my liebig is done. working when i have time it my not be beautiful but its all me and i'm happy with it. I do however have another question: I found a person on E bay who sales 2" pipe and says for a $5 fee they will flang one end and that will suffice to use it with a tri clamp onto a keg. will it actually work size wise. obviously i will need a seal between the two. also would it be strong enough even for light easy use??? Has anyone else tried this??
    • jsutton_co
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
        tallnskinny:

        I've emailed that guy to ask if he could braze vs solder (answer: NO) and use a food grade silver solder (answer: NO).

        So that ended my discussion with him. It'll cost more than his fee, but I can get the right Safety-Silv 45 at Home Depot and a Mapp gas can.