Re: [new_distillers] Re:space blankets

  • BillyWeeble@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2002
      ianelamacsween@... writes:

      << A few years ago "space blankets" were very popular items with
      backpackers. They were very compact and not at all comfortable - but
      they assured survival if you got stranded in the snow. I don't know
      if they are still available - but I think they would be ideal to
      retain heat in your boiler >>

      Howdy all, I had one of those so called "Space Blankets" and to save
      anyone time and money I'll tell you right now that you may as well wrap
      yourself up in plastic wrap as use one of those pieces of crap. I damn near
      froze to death because of one while backpacking and the temp dropped
      unexpectedly. I burned it for warmth the next morning. I heat my boiler with
      gas and use non-papered fiberglass as insulation over the dome (ss mixing
      bowl). A larger ss bowl covers it for looks and to hold it down. Made a world
      of difference.