RE: [new_distillers] Re: Reflux V Pot Stills

  • TODP
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 15 5:49 PM
      THANK YOU!!! Been backing them for a few years way before I got on this group. GLAD to see someone else on here that can see the forest for all the trees!

      On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM, allibugger wrote:

         Everyone making stills today says their's is the best.  There are plenty of us who don't have the desire (talent) to build a still that will produce very drinlable product.  Don't knock a Mile HI still unless you have operated one.  Bitch about the time to get one if you will, but don't even think about bitching about the quality.  If you want a high quality stainless steel boiler and tower that can be converted from pot to reflux in 5 minutes, this is an excellent choice. If you want to build a cheap still out of the junk yard, go for it.  If you want damn good product in the 90-95% AVB range, Mile HI has a still for you.  If you can't wait 6 weeks to get it, you are not serious about making good alcohol.

      Alli

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, M L <kekedog13@...> wrote:

      > Davis, Ya ever seen the ones made by Mile High ? You can get a nice stainless steel one with an attatched liebig condenser, thermometer, bung and a tri-clamp so you can stick it right on you keg. Purdy sweet deals for under  $200

    • Jerry McCullough

      Message 3 of 12 , Apr 16 8:57 AM
        Hey Jerry,  do you remove your ceramics out of the column when you use the still as a pot?  Mine that I built is exactly the same as yours and I just open up the valve and close the reflux valve and let her rip, column full of ceramics rings with a piece of copper netting holding them in on the bottom.  Good taste and fast, takes about 4 hours to run 12 gallons...

        Message 4 of 12 , Apr 17 4:34 AM
          I choose to build a separate column to pot still. Look at the pics of the still with the lyne arm mounted. I am retired and was another project to keep me busy.