Re: [new_distillers] Reflux V Pot Stills

  • M L
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
      Davis, Ya ever seen the ones made by Mile High ? You can get a nice stainless steel one with an attatched liebig condenser, thermometer, bung and a tri-clamp so you can stick it right on you keg. Purdy sweet deals for under  $200

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013

        OK, I`ll look

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
          Watch what ya say about Mile High on here!! Not too many fans of or for them!!

           I have been using with great results and accrediting Mile High for a few years.. NEVER a problem with the quality or products they make!!
          ONLY problem is ordering as they are 45 days behind right now... so if you DO order, be prepared to wait a bit for your order after you pay for it! All orders are special order and made after ordered!! Anything else in stock far as fermenting materials or brewing equipment goes out next day!!
           CALL Mike an talk to him....

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 15, 2013
            Not sure where this statement comes from. I did some searching in the archives and didn't find anything bad. If there are people saying bad things, they're not writing them down.

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, TODP <danimae@...> wrote:

            > Watch what ya say about Mile High on here!! Not too many fans of or for
            > them!!
          • M L
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 15, 2013
              Yup, A long waiting period for a unit could be testimony to the quality of their product. The hobby is really growing, faster than some manufacturers can keep up. And good , high quality equipment is worth waiting for. If I were to buy a ready made unit I would highly consider one from Mile High.

              Not sure where this statement comes from. I did some searching in the archives and didn't find anything bad. If there are people saying bad things, they're not writing them down.

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, TODP <danimae@...> wrote:

              > Watch what ya say about Mile High on here!! Not too many fans of or for
              > them!!

            • allibugger
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 15, 2013
                Everyone making stills today says their's is the best. There are plenty of us who don't have the desire (talent) to build a still that will produce very drinlable product. Don't knock a Mile HI still unless you have operated one. Bitch about the time to get one if you will, but don't even think about bitching about the quality. If you want a high quality stainless steel boiler and tower that can be converted from pot to reflux in 5 minutes, this is an excellent choice. If you want to build a cheap still out of the junk yard, go for it. If you want damn good product in the 90-95% AVB range, Mile HI has a still for you. If you can't wait 6 weeks to get it, you are not serious about making good alcohol.

                Alli

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 15, 2013
                  THANK YOU!!! Been backing them for a few years way before I got on this group. GLAD to see someone else on here that can see the forest for all the trees!

                  On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM, allibugger wrote:

                     Everyone making stills today says their's is the best.  There are plenty of us who don't have the desire (talent) to build a still that will produce very drinlable product.  Don't knock a Mile HI still unless you have operated one.  Bitch about the time to get one if you will, but don't even think about bitching about the quality.  If you want a high quality stainless steel boiler and tower that can be converted from pot to reflux in 5 minutes, this is an excellent choice. If you want to build a cheap still out of the junk yard, go for it.  If you want damn good product in the 90-95% AVB range, Mile HI has a still for you.  If you can't wait 6 weeks to get it, you are not serious about making good alcohol.

                  Alli

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, M L <kekedog13@...> wrote:

                  > Davis, Ya ever seen the ones made by Mile High ? You can get a nice stainless steel one with an attatched liebig condenser, thermometer, bung and a tri-clamp so you can stick it right on you keg. Purdy sweet deals for under  $200

                • Jerry McCullough

                  Message 9 of 12 , Apr 16, 2013
                    Hey Jerry,  do you remove your ceramics out of the column when you use the still as a pot?  Mine that I built is exactly the same as yours and I just open up the valve and close the reflux valve and let her rip, column full of ceramics rings with a piece of copper netting holding them in on the bottom.  Good taste and fast, takes about 4 hours to run 12 gallons...

                    Message 10 of 12 , Apr 17, 2013
                      I choose to build a separate column to pot still. Look at the pics of the still with the lyne arm mounted. I am retired and was another project to keep me busy.