rejoined after 8 years.

  • grimblewiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2013
      Just a quick hi to every one out there.

      Got a query about Gert Strand Turbo yeasts, not producing any alcohol. Now used 2 lots turbo 8kg and 1 x turbo pure 48.
      First produced a very low alcohol syrup. The pure produced a zero % mash. both were allowed to bubble till slowed right down. Both kept at 21c with internal heaters.
      Although I have not been active these last few years and this is my first foray into distilling for a that time, I always got good results using this method before. 20% and over.

      Any ideas???

      Grim
    • David Eastham
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2013
        When you say 0% mash how are you measuring the strength? Are you taking SG at start and end? Are you aerating the mash at the beginning. I have never had a problem using the Alcotec vodka star turbo.
        Dave E