Cheaper option than brass companion flange

  • johnnytwosack
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2013
      Hey All:

      I am new here and fairly new to distilling. I have been using a very rudimentary pot still, and have decided to build a new reflux column from bobkabob plans I found. I am building his model that utilizes the 2" x 3/4" reducer in the middle.

      In lieu of the 2" brass companion flange, I stumbled on a 2" brass flange connector for a urinal. It was an extra in our plumbing shop. I just know that this is a much cheaper option than a brass companion flange. I screwed a 2" male adapter into that, and will sweat my column pipe right to the adapter. Easy sneazey!

      I will be sure to post pics and results when I am done soldering everything.
    • jsutton_co
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2013
        Johnny:

        Be sure to PICKLE that brass fitting to leach the lead before using.
        VArocketry