Re: [new_distillers] Recs for buying a still

  • greg smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 23, 2013
      brewhaus is the cheapest and probably one of highest quality.  The kettle is fantastic.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 23, 2013
        I would buy a boiler and build the still head. Not to save money but rather to have the pride of making spirit with a still head you built with your own two hands. Are you looking for reflux or pot still? If you're just starting out I would recommend a pot still head, Home distiller site has a easy to build nice 2 " inch head plan.
      • rk_type@xtra.co.nz
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 23, 2013
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, greg smith <aknightinrustyarmor@...> wrote:

          > brewhaus is the cheapest and probably one of highest quality.  The kettle is fantastic.

        • TODP
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 23, 2013
            MILEHIGH is REALLY nice QUALITY equipment!! Indestructible, and it works perfectly! Only problem is waiting! All custom made when ordered.. big back up right now due to so many wanting to get into the hobby. Have had my 8gal electric rig with tower AND Liebig pot set up now for about year.. have not bought any hooch over the counter since!!  I Love It!!  (lifetime warranty!)

            On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM, rk_type@... wrote:

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, greg smith <aknightinrustyarmor@...> wrote:

            > brewhaus is the cheapest and probably one of highest quality.  The kettle is fantastic.

          • Bill Rogers
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 27, 2013
              I had a mile-hi, sold it and switched to stilldragon.  hillbilly stills has nice boilers.

              On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM, TODP <danimae@...> wrote:

              MILEHIGH is REALLY nice QUALITY equipment!! Indestructible, and it works perfectly! Only problem is waiting! All custom made when ordered.. big back up right now due to so many wanting to get into the hobby. Have had my 8gal electric rig with tower AND Liebig pot set up now for about year.. have not bought any hooch over the counter since!!  I Love It!!  (lifetime warranty!)

              On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM, rk_type@... wrote:

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, greg smith <aknightinrustyarmor@...> wrote:

              > brewhaus is the cheapest and probably one of highest quality.  The kettle is fantastic.

            • Alli Bugger
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
                Bill,
                I have been looking at the stilldragrons and am interested in putting one together but I can't find anyone in the US to talk to about them.  They have an email address but have not been able to get anyone to respond to me emails. Any suggestions on how to contact them?  Thanks for your help.  Alli

                I had a mile-hi, sold it and switched to stilldragon.  hillbilly stills has nice boilers.
                On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM, TODP <danimae@...> wrote:

                MILEHIGH is REALLY nice QUALITY equipment!! Indestructible, and it works perfectly! Only problem is waiting! All custom made when ordered.. big back up right now due to so many wanting to get into the hobby. Have had my 8gal electric rig with tower AND Liebig pot set up now for about year.. have not bought any hooch over the counter since!!  I Love It!!  (lifetime warranty!)

                On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM, rk_type@... wrote:

                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, greg smith <aknightinrustyarmor@...> wrote:

                > brewhaus is the cheapest and probably one of highest quality.  The kettle is fantastic.

              • Alli Bugger
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
                  Bill, Never mind, I found it.  Alli.

                  I have been looking at the stilldragrons and am interested in putting one together but I can't find anyone in the US to talk to about them.  They have an email address but have not been able to get anyone to respond to me emails. Any suggestions on how to contact them?  Thanks for your help.  Alli

                  I had a mile-hi, sold it and switched to stilldragon.  hillbilly stills has nice boilers.
                  On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM, TODP <danimae@...> wrote:

                  MILEHIGH is REALLY nice QUALITY equipment!! Indestructible, and it works perfectly! Only problem is waiting! All custom made when ordered.. big back up right now due to so many wanting to get into the hobby. Have had my 8gal electric rig with tower AND Liebig pot set up now for about year.. have not bought any hooch over the counter since!!  I Love It!!  (lifetime warranty!)

                  On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM, rk_type@... wrote:

                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, greg smith <aknightinrustyarmor@...> wrote:

                  > brewhaus is the cheapest and probably one of highest quality.  The kettle is fantastic.

                • Bill Rogers
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2013
                    Larry is a hell of a nice guy and really enjoys talking about the product.