Re: Liebig question

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 22, 2013

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tallnskinny" <bigordead@...> wrote:

      > Ok I have read about liebigs and have read up on soldering so i think i can pull it off. My question however may be one i will get made fun of for. I am intending to make my liebig 32" x 1/2 inch covered by 24" x 3/4 inch pipe. My problem lies in getting the 1/2 inch pipe to slide through the 3/4 x 1/2 x 1/2 T conector. I don't have and don't want to buy a dremel tool and am kind of afraid i will mess up the entire T conector if I file it by hand. Is there an easy way or a secrete way of not screwing up the whole fitting????
      > Thanks for any input and sorry for the question which is appearly obvious to everyone else...

      Try this...

      The "NO-Solder-Liegig Condenser

    • Jerry McCullough
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 23, 2013
      Attached is a drawing of the arm that I built. Use Microsoft paint to view it.

      Ok I have read about liebigs and have read up on soldering so i think i can pull it off. My question however may be one i will get made fun of for. I am intending to make my liebig 32" x 1/2 inch covered by 24" x 3/4 inch pipe. My problem lies in getting the 1/2 inch pipe to slide through the 3/4 x 1/2 x 1/2 T conector. I don't have and don't want to buy a dremel tool and am kind of afraid i will mess up the entire T conector if I file it by hand. Is there an easy way or a secrete way of not screwing up the whole fitting????
      Thanks for any input and sorry for the question which is appearly obvious to everyone else...

    • tallnskinny
      Message 3 of 7 , Apr 19, 2013
        Thank you guys for the input and encouragement. Obviously I am moving slowly with my build but my liebig is done. working when i have time it my not be beautiful but its all me and i'm happy with it. I do however have another question: I found a person on E bay who sales 2" pipe and says for a $5 fee they will flang one end and that will suffice to use it with a tri clamp onto a keg. will it actually work size wise. obviously i will need a seal between the two. also would it be strong enough even for light easy use??? Has anyone else tried this??
      • jsutton_co
        Message 4 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
          tallnskinny:

          I've emailed that guy to ask if he could braze vs solder (answer: NO) and use a food grade silver solder (answer: NO).

          So that ended my discussion with him. It'll cost more than his fee, but I can get the right Safety-Silv 45 at Home Depot and a Mapp gas can.