RE: [new_distillers] Re: My 2" pipe purchase, does the extra length make a differeince.

  • ahandyman59
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 20, 2013

      Easy flanges usually sit right in to a 2 inch pipe. No hammering necessary.  They are usually made out of stainless steel. The two dissimilar metals (stainless and copper) are usually silver soldered together, not plumbers solder. The resulting bond is quite strong.

      Ahandyman59

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
        There's an awful lot of copper on this page, and some hammering. http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=27056&start=15

        I'm not sure of the point of your posting. I outlined a way to make a flange that works using RJT fittings.

        Paul
      • alpinecnc
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013

        Stainless Steel Tig welded to Copper.  Works Great much easier and better than silver solder.  I make theses in 2” through 6”

        Chuck

        Message 4 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
          Chuck, what filler rod do you use please?

          Stainless Steel Tig welded to Copper.  Works Great much easier and better than silver solder.  I make theses in 2” through 6”

          Chuck

          __
        • alpinecnc
          Message 5 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013

            No Filler used.  Just melted the copper into the Stainless Fitting.