Re: Temperature question

  • David Eastham
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2013
      If you're interested I uploaded a file on the distillers group named Trial vodka 1. This details what temp, amount heads and tails i get from my PDA 1.
      Cheers
      Dave E

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "hexonx_onx" <hexonx_onx@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > Doing my first run on a compound still, a PDA-1, I'm waiting 2 hours for it to reach equilibrium, and nearing the end of that period now. I figured the vapor temperature would be around 60C though, for the foreshots. instead it has settled on 77.8C. This is from a simple corn sugar wash. I only thought it would be 60C due to my possibly incorrect understanding of what I read in Compleat Distiller. Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right path here, is 77/78C ok or should it be lower as I had thought?

    • mike salyers
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 22, 2013
        I can't seem to find the file you uploaded, any way that you could send it to me.  I just got myself a PDA-1!

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 23, 2013
          No problem just send an e mail to deastham@... and I will reply with the attachment. You'll need Excel.
          Cheers
          Dave E

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 23, 2013
            My email did not show up its deastham at hotmail dot com