Re: [new_distillers] Re: My 2" pipe purchase, does the extra length make a di...

  • goodmle23
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2013
      Which plan are you all using?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

      Lee

      In a message dated 3/16/2013 9:00:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, stridemiester@... writes:
      No problem on the length, longer is usually just get the break over point higher so when you angle down with your condensing unit (liebig?) you are not collecting distillate on the ground. 10 gal milk can works great, that is what my boiler is. I had to make a gasket to seal the lid tightly on mind though. Sounds like my rig is very similar to what your considering. http://i.imgur.com/Lns5UmI.jpg

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "James Gates" <panache_fine_art@...> wrote:

      > I am using a plan called the simple pot still. It calls for a forty liter boiler, I am using a `10gal milk can. I had a difficult time finding the 2" copper pipe for the tower, so they sold me 2ft and the plan calls for for 500mm length which is aprox 19.5"
      > Is the extra 4.5inches hurt or help the still? Then I had option to get a thinner or thicker two inch copper pipe, I went with the thicker, but wonder if it makes a difference?
      > thanks

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: