Msg from Owner...Politics etc.

  • new_distillers-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 7:54 PM
      Let's stick to distilling.
      Politics, religion, racism, flaming, and the like is NOT Allowed. Refer to the groups policy. Go elsewhere to vent your spleen.

      I like to think we are all adult enough to police ourselves when posting.

      But if necessary, I'll put the entire group on moderation until things improve. It's your Home. Don't derecate on the floor.

      new_distillers Owner
    • Carlton
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9 9:07 PM
        Could not agree more. I quietly enjoy the forum from New Zealand and have learnt heaps.
        I should (and will) give input, but don't feel up to the level of some contributors at present.
        A forum is for learning, sharing and developing individual skills, in the topic of the Group.
        Absolutely enjoy the daily input (well most if on topic)
        I trust moderation will only be used when contributor's personal input is outside the main interest for which the group was formed.

        I am a reflux distiller, who produces very nice product for myself (and friends without payment)
        It is a wonderful hobby, that gives me tremendous satisfaction, in being able to produce a wonderful product from dextrose, water and yeast. (Plus of course - Turbo carbon in the wash, Turbo Clear to take the solids out prior to distillation, and of course the flavourings added afterwards)
        Not to mention 5 - 7 days sitting on activated carbon to take any sharpness out of the spirit.

        The next step in my endeavours is a pot still, so that I can produce traditional Rum and Brandy.
        Like a number of members of this Forum, I gleen every available piece of information in respect of pot stills, and will continue to do so.

        I count myself fortunate, that I can continue with my hobby, in a Country with practical distillation laws for the private individual.

        All the very best for all members, and I do't know how I can help, but if I can, please do not hesitate to ask.
        Cheers
        Williejohnc