Clarifying Brandy with Juice Added

  • Matthew Rick
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9 7:22 AM
      I'm wondering if anyone has used clarifying agents (sparkolloid and bentonite in particular) to clear spirits that have juice added? I'm going to sweeten a fruit brandy with some more fruit juice. Currently the spirit is sitting at ~110 proof and I'm planning to add some fruit juice then dilute to 60 proof . It'll be kind of like a brandy liqueur but not as sweet (only about 2% residual sugar). Anyone ever do this successfully or anyone have suggestions on what they've done in the past to clear the haze that is inevitable when adding some juice? Also would like to note the brandy will be filtered after clarifying. I've done this with wines I've made in the past but never with spirits.

      Thanks for any help/suggestions!