Re: [new_distillers] Re: Noobie thoughts

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 6 11:29 AM
      There are several types of alcohol in wash.  We do not just remove ethanol from wash, but we remove almost all of the various forms found in our wash.  Most of the time we take it out, so we can put it back in which is ironic in a way.

      Robert

      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 6 11:34 AM
        All it is at this time is an idea.  If it works, it's a process that will change the way we distill our wash.  I am really tired of keeping an eye on my still for 4 to 5 hrs.

        Robert

        One problem with solar distilling is time.  It takes me 4 hrs on an electric range to distill 2 gals of sugar wash, so can I achieve the necessary heat for 4 hrs to distill 2 gals in a day?  In northern states it will be more difficult, but it will be fun to trying.

        I am working on a different idea that will instantly remove alcohol from water, but it will require experimentation and testing before I can share my idea.  As I told WB, I am an inventor.

        Robert

      • Richard Costa
        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 6 11:43 AM
          You at least have me curious about the process. Many times ideas, although not practical in one direction, provoke thought of it's applications in another direction. Don't worry, people thought Edison was crazy too.

          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 6 11:43 PM
            Guy Kawasaki, blah blah blah, black swan. Speak your story, Lady Gaga, or else someone is going to rip it off before you've established it's yours.

            All of this is arbitrary whether centrifugal, ionic azeotropical depression, static head pressure, ultra fine membranes, etc, all this crap is completely unoriginal, and the more original something is, the less people want to hear about it.
            The tule of thumb is to spill the beans, or it's just unproven, invalid science, or at least susceptible to thievery.