Re: [new_distillers] 1st real run

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2013
      Get a thumper for your still that is the same as running it twice.

      A way to stop grain from burning is to drain 3/4 of your liquid wash from ferment vessel and start a new wort.  Normally, all it takes is sugar, water, nutrients, and yeast.  If grain is floating scoop that grain out and cook a similar amount of new grain.  Some people ferment grain as many as 8 times before tossing.     It isn't a good idea to place solids into a still because burnt grain can leave an unwanted taste in your distillate.

      Robert