Re: [new_distillers] Re: Aluminium or stainless steel for the boiler

  • o1bigtenor
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 3, 2013
      On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM, M L <kekedog13@...> wrote:

      Keep a piece of  magnet with you to test with. It'll stick to stainless steel .

      No it won't. A 300 series stainless will not hold a magnet a 400 series will. I have forgotten which is which but you have the ferritic, martensitic and austenitic.

      Your 316 is a very common SS so is 304.

      (Machinist/pressure welder here.)              D