Re: [new_distillers] Re: Confusion over how and what compounds survive distillation

  • Richard Costa
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 27, 2013
      Thanks, another great response, and I hadn't thought of that. Hmmm...make a reflux still but run it like a pot still when I want to. I've got a pretty good idea now of exactly how I want to approach the build. Thanks everyone.

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 27, 2013
        ((trimming posts is awesome))

        You could always do both. I know designing and building my own mini-still has been immensely educational and just crazy fun too (I chose pot-stilling because I like the aesthetic of it - and vodka just doesn't have the romance....). Sounds like you've got the "punk rock DIY" bug on all this, so, really, nothing teaches you and gives you a solid grounding like hands on.

        -=DPseudo